Sunday, March 14, 2010

"All you need is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust!"

This is what Peter Pan told Wendy, John and Michael right before their first solo flights around the nursery. Just those three little ingredients provided freedom from gravity. I was thinking about this today, as I go and speak to groups, email and call prospective sponsors, trying to gather financial and prayer support for my trip. I thought, "wouldn't it be great to just sprinkle some pixie dust and be able to get on that flight to Africa?"

Well, if we're going by Peter Pan, I'd still have to have faith and trust! Hmm...that's what got me back to the Bible, Jesus told his disciples, "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

Jesus doesn't need pixie dust! With Jesus, all we need to do is have a little faith and trust!

He has promised, "If we ask anything according to God's will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the request which we have asked from him." 1 John 5:14-15

Sooo. . .somehow in the next 60 days, I am trusting Jesus to make my flight possible! minus the pixie dust and pirates once I get there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment